Thursday, September 15, 2011

Trundle's snow tales: NZ Peanut Butter Rail Jam

This weekend I headed to Snow Park for the NZ Peanut Butter Rail Jam. It was fun! We’re into spring conditions now and the vibe is awesome. The course featured two terraces filled with pole jams, urban down rails, boxes and a corrugated tube.

More than one hundred snowboarders took part in the event, with the current TTR women’s champion, Enni Rukajarvi, competing, it made the standard really high. I got my lucky number at the start of the competition and landed some good runs in qualifying, making the top 10.

Finals were tough. The girls were throwing down and judges were looking for a clean run through both features in a row and overall impression. I was so excited to place fourth overall and get some neat prizes including a trophy made out of a record!

I would love to compete in the PBRJ finals in Mammoth next year, so fingers crossed I can make it happen. Below you can check out the video of event, all the guys were killing it! We only have a couple weeks left of the New Zealand season, its gone so fast.. I wish the snow would never go!

Until next time,

Dragon NZ team rider and blogger

Charlotte Trundle

Dragon Team rider Charlotte Trundle nose pressin' at the PBRJ at Snow Park NZ
Charlotte Jibbing the kinky box (PHOTOS: Debbie Booth)


No comments:

Post a Comment