Sunday, September 18, 2011

Josh Sheehan Double Backflips To Red Bull X-Fighters Sydney VICTORY!




Dragon's Josh Sheehan has won his first ever Red Bull X-Fighters competition in spectacular fashion this past weekend held on Cockatoo Island, Sydney, Australia!! Sheehan stomped his signature Ruler Backflip - considered one of the biggest in the world - a huge double backflip, and a clean 360 spin on one of the most technically difficult Freestyle Motocross runs of all time, further proving his place as Australia's newest Freestyle Motocross superstar!

Sheehan defied the odds after almost crashing earlier in his semi-final, to quickly turn his mistake into a career defining moment when he executed a perfect Double Backflip in his Semi-Final round against eventual 2011 Tour winner, Dany Torres to set himself up with a Final round against New Zealand’s Levi Sherwood, where he would go on to win.

“Today’s win for me here in Sydney was overwhelming! My family were here to see it, and I’m glad to be part of three ‘firsts’. It is the first time I have won X-Fighters. The first time X-Fighters have come to Australia in 11 years and the first time I have done a Double Backflip in a freestyle competition” Sheehan said.

“I knew I had to pull the Double Backflip earlier than I wanted to, because I had to go head-to-head with Dany Torres in the semi-finals. I felt confident with it, and knew I just had to land it to be a chance to go through to the final” Sheehan said. Check out the video wrap up from the event, including Josh's killer run, here!

Photo credits:

Double Backflip sequence – Jorg Mitter/Red Bull

Josh – Cliffhanger – Mark Watson/Red Bull

Cockatoo Island course – Oliver Schran/Red Bull

Podium – Jorg Mitter/Red Bull



No comments:

Post a Comment